Greek courses for teachers
Teacher courses last for one week (Sunday to Saturday).
The main features of the courses are:
– 15 hours of Greek tuition (with significant amounts of independent study in between sessions);
– integrated discussion about delivering the material in schools, as well as extra CPD sessions (e.g. Greek on limited time, textbook options, how to exploit links with Latin, online tools, etc.);
– lesson observations of other classes at the summer school;
– afternoon seminars and evening lectures, covering a wide range of linguistic, literary, historical, philosophical and artistic topics;
– the chance to meet the course tutors – 40 school-/university-level Greek teachers;
– access to Bryanston School’s outstanding sports and music facilities.
Those at Bryanston in week 2 will also have the chance to see two drama performances by students: a comedy (in English) on the Sunday and a tragedy (in Greek) on the Friday.
The course fee for 2022 is £450. The fee includes all tuition and full-board accommodation (mature students are usually housed together). We would expect that most teachers applying for the course would be funded by their school. If this is not possible, bursaries are available; thanks to generous support from Classics For All, the Classical Association and individual donors, we have funds specifically to support teachers.
Please use the contact page if you have any queries about logistics, accommodation and financial matters or the academic programme.